We do recognize that there are many quality works being published outside of the traditional model. However, this policy remains in place due to guidelines from national arts bodies.
To be considered traditionally published, all five of the below criteria must be met:
1) The artist’s work must be chosen by through an editorial selection process
2) The artist has signed a royalty-paying contract
3) The artist has paid no costs towards production of the book
4) The artist was not required to purchase a minimum number copies of the book as part of the agreement with the publisher
5) No more than 25% of the published artists may be employees or owners of the publishing house